Station 1 is located at the intersection of Deception Rd and State Route 20. Built in 1986 for Superior Systems Inc., Station 1 was purchased in 1999 and quadrupled the square footage available to the firefighters for day-to-day operations. The site is a complex of buildings that house the District offices, 5 apparatus and other buildings on the property are rented out to help offset maintenance cost.
The station is located in the large main building and houses Engine 1112 – Class A pumper, Tender 1116 – a 3000 gallon water tender, Brush Engine 1114 – a type 6 brush truck. 1118 – A 4 x 4 utility vehicle used by the officers and firefighters for District business is also stored here. The apparatus are diagonally parked in the station to allow all the trucks to leave without having to move another. The station is equipped with a generator that powers the main station during power outages. A large commercial washing machine allows the District to properly maintain the gear worn by firefighters. A workout area is also provided for volunteers to exercise at no cost.
The community hall is the original school house from Fidalgo City (Dewey Beach) and can seat 70 people. It is equipped with a kitchen area for meal preparation. A TV and DVD/VCR are available for community meetings. There is a small per-use fee for this facility.
14825 Deception Rd
Anacortes, WA 98221
Station 2 is located at the intersection of Marine Drive and Wildwood Lane. Built in 1972 and remodeled in 1999, the station houses 2 fire engines (1121 and 1122) and a brush fire unit that also serves as an aid unit (1124). A small kitchen and meeting room allow room for volunteers to hold classes and do standby assignments. An exercise area helps firefighters to keep fit.
An Eagle Scout service project completed by Nick Patterson provided us a nice flagpole after our old one was damaged in the 2007 windstorms.