Built for the District in 1996 by the W.S. Darley Co, the engine has a 1000 gallon water tank, a 1500 gallon per minute pump, carries 5 firefighters and the thermal imaging camera. It is the first due engine for Station 1.
This is a wildland engine or also known as the “Brush Truck”. This is a 4 wheel drive truck built in 1992 for the District. It carries 200 gallons of water and tools for fighting forest fires. This unit has more than paid for itself in the last few years with the growing threat of a major fire on the island.
This is a 3000 gallon water tender. It is a 2004 Kenworth chassis with the body built by Fouts Bros Inc. It carries a portable water tank that the water is dumped into at the scene and the truck can go get more water while the fire engines draft it out.
11-17 serves the District as a dedicated rescue. It carries tools and equipment to assist in all types of rescues, but especially motor vehicle accidents. A full set of extrication tools ("Jaws of Life"), cribbing, and lifting air bags are on board.
11-18 serves the district as a Battalion rig and as utility truck. Often driven by Chief during command of an incident it is also useful for carrying hose and equipment after the event as well as being used by firefighters attending training locally and throughout the state.
11-21 is a custom built 2015 Spartan ERV Gladiator series structure engine. It holds 1000 gallons of water and has a 1500 gallon per minute Hale pump. It is the first out engine for Station 2 and seats 5 firefighters including the engineer.
Built in 2000 for the District, after many years of services as the primary fire engine for Station 2, it now serves as both the second due engine and as a replacement when other apparatus are out for repairs or maintenance. It carries 1000 gallons of water and has a 1500 gallon per minute water pump.
11-24 serves a dual role as a BLS rescue unit and Type 6 wildland fire engine. It carries rescue tools for car accidents, including the 'Jaws of Life', and a full set of medical equipment. A fire pump and 300 gallon water tank give it a firefighting capability. This unit was purchased in August of 2006 and is housed at Station 2.